Initial Teacher Training
North Chadderton has very well-established and recognised partnerships with Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester Nexus SCITT and University of Manchester University who were recently graded Outstanding for secondary Initial Teacher Training.
We are also open to working with other training providers where need arises and have worked with Leeds Beckett University, University of Huddersfield and Ashton on Mersey SCITT in recent years.
The ability to be flexible, adaptable and to support our local and regional partners is key to ensuring we help to build the workforce of effective teachers for future generations.
From wherever our trainees join us, North Chadderton prides itself on being seen as a model of good practice in ITT provision as part of a rigorous, annual quality assurance process. All trainees benefit from a comprehensive training offer, including:
- A commitment to providing outstanding subject mentors who provide high quality guidance and support for trainees.
- An experienced Professional Mentor who facilitates and coordinates training placements within school and in conjunction with the appropriate training provider to ensure statutory and bespoke needs are met.
- A Professional Studies programme based on best practice as recommended by the providers’ curriculum, the Core Curriculum Framework, and our own professional growth experts in school.
- Access to our substantial Professional Growth library.
- Trainees join our high quality, bespoke CPD programme and have access to a wealth of wider opportunities including enrolment in the Walk Thrus coaching programme and the National College in line with our own teachers.
- All trainees receive their entitlement as set out in the Partnership Agreement with each individual training provider.
- Opportunities to network with other trainees are available through collaboration across the school, a weekly lunchtime gathering and through our weekly Professional Studies sessions.
- A 100% pass rate for all trainees in the last 4 years.
- An enhanced support programme is put in place for any trainee requiring addition assistance to make sufficient progress.
- Wider opportunities for professional development by working with other departments or external organisations such as The Tenner Challenge in Business.
- As a school, we house the local authority’s ASD base providing opportunities for colleagues to develop their understanding of and experience of working with students with an additional barrier to their success.
- A working knowledge of the Core Curriculum Framework and how this dovetails with the Early Career Framework which underpins the 3-year training programme for all early career colleagues.
- A school which has been graded Good by Ofsted.
- Our staff provide a very warm welcome to all trainees so that they feel part of our family and can fully integrate into our various teams.
- Embedded across our school, is our Wellbeing for Work charter which underpins mental health and well-being for all stakeholders in our school and includes access to free counselling services should they be required.
- We regularly recruit trainee teachers who have trained with us which allows a smooth transition, solid foundation and opportunity for continuity across the 3-year training programme for teacher.
- We share our commitment to aspiration and excellence with all trainee teachers so that they can grow into successful practitioners in their own time.