At North Chadderton we have extremely high uniform standards
Navy blue blazer with school logo
White shirt/gingham blouse
Navy pleated/straight skirt with school logo
Navy blue V-neck jumper or cardigan with school logo (Optional)
Year group tie
Plain navy unadorned Hijab
Black/Navy 40 denier tights
Plain black shoes – low heel with no flashes or colours
The school blazer is compulsory
Plain black/navy 40 denier tights should be worn with a skirt
Plain black/plain navy ankle socks may be worn with trousers, however knee socks/trainer socks are not permitted.
Boots must not be worn
Trainers must only be worn for P.E. and drama lessons
Coats - dark coloured coats only. No denim/leather jackets. No coats with logos.
Jewellery - pupils may wear a watch but no other item of jewellery
Ear piercing - should be done at the beginning of the summer holidays. Plasters over new studs are not acceptable. No studs or any body piercing are allowed in school for health and safety reasons.
Make-up/nail varnish - Must not be worn.
Hair - Extremes of colour and style are not acceptable. No.1 and 0 cut is not acceptable. Minimum length is No. 2.
Hooded sweatshirts must not be worn.
Belts - no large buckles on belts.
Hats, caps and sunglasses must not be worn.
False tan / fake eyelashes/ false, acrylic or gel nails must not be worn.
The PE kit is as follows:
Appropriate sporting footwear
Optional items are: raincoat, long sleeve track top, unisex track pants, fleece beanie
If a student arrives wearing incorrect uniform, a sanction will be given. The school will lend replacements but if a student refuses to wear the item, there will be a more serious sanction issued.
We also have a pre-loved uniform shop (see below)
Sixth Form Dress
BUSINESS DRESS – Monday-Thursdays
Business Dress means for Boys:
- Black, grey or navy suit
- Smart shirt and tie
- Smart, dark-coloured shoes
Business Dress means for Girls:
- Black, grey or navy suit
- Smart shirt or blouse
- Black, grey or navy dresses may be worn with jackets
- Smart dark-coloured shoes
Friday – Own Clothes
- Own clothes may be worn on Fridays to reflect practice in many large businesses in our Country and indeed, world-wide.
- No short skirts/low-cut tops/shorts allowed
- Facial piercings are not allowed. Hair styles should not be extreme in either cut or colour.
- Bag - needs to be big enough to carry all books, equipment and PE Kit.
- Boots - must not be worn.
- Trainers - must only be worn for P.E. and drama lessons.
- Coats - Dark coloured coats only. No denim jackets. No coats with logos. Coats must not be worn in school.
- Jewellery - Pupils may wear a watch but no other item of jewellery.
- Ear piercing - should be done at the beginning of the summer holidays. Plasters over new studs are not acceptable. No studs including clear studs or any body piercing are allowed in school for Health and Safety reasons.
- Make-up, Nail varnish ,False/acrylic nails, False tan, False eyelashes - Must not be worn.
- Hair - Extremes of colour and style are not acceptable. No.1 and 0 cut is not acceptable.
- Hooded Sweatshirts – must not be worn.
- Fizzy, Energy Drinks are NOT allowed in school or to be consumed on the school premises. They will be confiscated.
- Phones and headphones- must not be used in school. They should be switched off and in bag.
* Banned items will be confiscated and the school can not accept any responsibility for the loss/damage to any confiscated item. *