Achievement and Wellbeing Team
The Achievement and Wellbeing Team works to secure the most effective way of ensuring all our pupils meet, or ideally exceed their academic targets, whilst also offering the appropriate care, guidance and support.
Heads of Key Stage
There is a Head of Key Stage for each year group whose role is to closely analyse each child’s academic achievements and to intervene where necessary.
They are in regular contact with teachers to identify areas to concentrate on and employ swift action to remove any barriers to learning. They are also responsible for the wellbeing of every student within their year group.
The Heads of Key Stage for each year group are:
- Key Stage 3 (Year 7 and 8) Mr Sumner
- Key Stage 4 (Year 9, 10 and 11) Miss Mitchell and Mrs Melling
The Assistant Heads of Key Stage for each year group are:
- Year 7 Mrs Cunningham
- Year 8 Mr Harrison
- Year 9,10 and 11 Ms Purkhardt and Mr Ali
We also have a Leader of Inspire for students. Staff work with specific groups of students who require a bespoke approach to the curriculum in our specially designed provision.
- Mrs Collinge is our Leader of Inspire, supported by Mrs Harrop our Inspire Coordinator.
All students have an academic tutor.
Academic tutors are responsible for a group of students within the year group. They are the daily point of contact with the student and will register students as well as offering appropriate pastoral and academic support. Academic tutors also deliver relevant PDP sessions (Personal Development Programme) in the weekly extended tutor period.
Attainment and Achievement Co-ordinators
These staff members support the Heads of Year in monitoring pupil progress against their targets which are based on prior performance.
They are available to support both you and your child on their learning journey throughout their time at North Chadderton School.
- Key Stage 3 (Years 7 and 8) – Mrs Mushing
- Key Stage 4 (Years 9,10 and 11) – Mrs Robinson
- Key Stage 5 (Year 12 and 13) – Mrs Hilton
Attendance and Punctuality Team
Mrs Knight is responsible for daily attendance.
We understand the strong link between excellent school attendance and high achievement. Staff monitor attendance and punctuality information, taking immediate action where concerns arise.
Senior staff oversee the work of the Achievement and Wellbeing Team and work alongside the staff to support them in their role.
- Mrs Walker - Senior Director of KS3
- Ms Westhead - Senior Director of KS4
- Mrs Greenwood - Senior Director of KS5
- Mrs Kaysor - Assistant Director KS3
- Mrs Healey - Assistant Director KS4
- Mrs Guy - Assistant Director KS5