SEND Local Offer
SEND Local Offer - Mission Statement
North Chadderton will create a community where there is:
- Mutual respect
- Achievement for all
- The highest standards and expectations
- A love of learning
- Corporate responsibility
- An investment in every individual
- A pursuit of excellence
- Effective Leadership at all levels
How does the school know if my child has special educational needs and need additional support?
- Information and guidance from primary schools through the transition process. Students with a Statement or Education, Health & Care Plan will receive a visit at their primary school from a member of our staff
- Tracking and monitoring of achievement and progress
- Feedback from teachers
- Liaison with parents and other professionals
- Referrals from staff to the appropriate SEND professional in school
What provision is there for students with Special Educational Needs?
- The focus is on delivering quality first teaching, enabling all learners to achieve in the classroom through differentiation
- Teaching Assistants support the learning in some lessons
- A range of interventions are put in place to help students who are not making expected progress
- Personalised strategies are shared by the SENCo to assist with the teaching and learning of students with a range of SEND needs
- Regular INSET around different areas of SEND is provided through the CPD programme, which includes all staff, both teaching and non-teaching.
- The school works with a variety of external agencies, to deliver appropriate provision
- Where relevant, amended curriculum pathway to suit needs is provided.
How will I know how my child is doing?
- Parents and carers of students with a Statement of Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan will be invited to a person centered review each year
- Parents and carers will receive reports from a variety of sources during the year, which will show progress made in individual subjects and information on learning attributes, with next steps advice
- Parents’ Evenings are held once a year where parents and carers will have the opportunity to discuss progress with individual subject teachers and the SENCo. In addition a variety of Parent Conferences are held through the year for different Year Groups
- Where relevant, regular contact with parents/carers is made via email and/or telephone
What support is there for my child’s well-being?
- Students are monitored and supported by their Academic Tutor, their teachers, the members of the Raising Achievement Team, the Inclusion Team and SENCo
- The Inspire Base and the ASD Base are available for students before school, at social times and after school and here they can come and join in clubs, do homework, or just sit quietly. There are a range of extra-curricular activities on offer to all students
How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child will receive?
- The Curriculum Leader of the ASD Base (SENCo) and Leader of Inspire, will make the decision about the support in liaison with external agencies where necessary
- Decisions will be based on the rate of progress students are making and carefully matching interventions to any significant barriers to learning
- Evaluation of any interventions is based on progress against specific targets, achievement across all subjects and pupil voice
Will my child be included in all activities and trips?
- Yes. Activities are offered to all students and reasonable adjustments will be made to allow students to fully engage with all aspects of school life
How accessible is the school for children with disabilities?
- North Chadderton School opened in its new building in September 2013 and the building is fully accessible to students with physical disabilities, with lifts to all floors. For further information please see our Accessibility Policy (Click Here). The arrangements for the admission of disabled students are considered during one to one interviews with the relevant year team.
Who can I contact for further information?
Mrs S North
Senior Director (Education)
Senior Staff Link for SEND/LAC
Mrs M Meaden
Whole School SENCo
ASD Curriculum Leader
Miss C Crosby
Leader of Achievement - Inspire/SEND
0161 624 9939