School Bus Information
Expectations of students when travelling to and from school:
North Chadderton School aims to instil respect for others in all its students.
Therefore, we expect students to display a high standard of behaviour when wearing our school uniform and whilst travelling to and from school, particularly when using public transport.
We expect students to:
- Communicate with the driver politely and respectfully
- Show any bus passes or provide the fare for any journey undertaken
- Sit calmly on a seat wherever possible
- Avoid any behaviour which may disturb the concentration of the driver, or may damage the bus environment, such as throwing food or tampering with the emergency exit
- Refrain from smoking on the bus
- Show respect for all other passengers travelling on the bus
Any student who does not adhere to these expectations will have a consequence in line with the school standards and expectations policy. This may involve banning a student from using the bus for a determined period of time.
This is in line with Government guidance, which refers to school’s power to sanction students for “misbehaviour" when the pupil is:
- taking part in any school-organised or school-related activity or
- travelling to or from school or wearing school uniform or
- in some other way identifiable as a pupil at the school
- or misbehaviour at any time, whether or not the conditions above apply, that could have repercussions for the orderly running of the school or poses a threat to another pupil or member of the public or could adversely affect the reputation of the school.
837 Bus Service
There is a trial in place, whereby Market Street in Shaw will be closed on Thursdays for market day and, as a consequence, buses will be diverted. The diversion for the 837 is via Beal Lane, Eastway and Greenfield Lane. The trial is still ongoing.