Equipment and Standards
Students are expected to enter School with the correct attitude for learning and the right equipment to enable the students to take an active part in class.
Students are expected to bring with them the equipment needed for their subjects on a daily basis. This includes PE Kit, Science and Food and Technology material etc.
Students at North Chadderton are expected to bring the following equipment:
- Pair of Compasses
- Scientific Calculator
- Green Pen
- Reading Book (all years)
- Bag - needs to be big enough to carry all books, equipment and PE Kit
- Boots - must not be worn
- Trainers - must only be worn for P.E. and drama lessons
- Coats - Dark coloured coats only. No denim jackets. No coats with logos. Coats must not be worn in school.
- Jewellery - Pupils may wear a watch but no other item of jewellery
- Ear piercing - should be done at the beginning of the summer holidays. Plasters over new studs are not acceptable. No studs or any body piercing are allowed in school for Health and Safety reasons.
- Make-up/Nail varnish - Must not be worn.
- Hair - Extremes of colour and style are not acceptable. No.1 and 0 cut is not acceptable.
- Hooded Sweatshirts – must not be worn.
- Fizzy, Energy Drinks are NOT allowed in school or to be consumed on the school premises. They will be confiscated.
- Phones - must not be used in school. They should be switched off and in your bag.
* Banned items will be confiscated and the school can not accept any responsibility for the loss/damage to any confiscated item. *
Students studying Mathematics at A-Level are expected to have the CASIO FX-991EX Classwiz calculator, which is essential in preparing for and sitting the new style A' level mathematics examinations.